Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 52: Park

Sister Nelson and I were together in Leeds and wanted to do something fun! We tried to do chalk drawings at the park to teach about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going, but no stores had chalk! So we started knocking doors! After a long time, we didn't have any success. We tried to stop by a few peoples home and no one was there. Alas we felt inspired to go to the park!
 
We pulled into a different entrance that we'd never been in, said a quick prayer, and got out of the car. We started talking to 2 sweet ladies next to us and explained how we help people find peace and purpose. As we reached out to shake Jennifers hand, tears started streaming down her cheeks. Her bright blue eyes and blonde hair shined in the sun as she explained how God sent us to her. She said, "I was praying on my way to the park and I need what y'all have. I just moved here because my husband is abusive and we are getting a divorce. I'm looking for a good church to raise my son in." 
 
We opened the Book of Mormon and helped her feel comfort. We read about good people (like Jennifer) who find themselves in a difficult place. In the story the wicked people don't allow the Godly people to worship. They give them laborous tasks and threaten death. The good people are so confused...they are doing what is right yet life is unfair and hard....so they start praying for relief. The Lord hears and answers their prayers, and their burdens are made light. We learn God "visits his people in their afflictions" (Mosiah 24:24). Jennifer, a good person, has been through some heavy things, causing her to be weighed down. In her moment of desperation, Jennifer prayed for help. Meanwhile, Sister Nelson and I were praying to find someone who needed us. God brought us together.
 
I know God is aware of us. He knows exactly what we think and how we feel. He loves us. He wants the best for us. We witnessed a miracle because of His goodness!!
 
I am loving Alabama more and more everyday. This is the land of dreams!!
Love,
Sister Madsen

we found this at the park! it is a "free library" so we put a Book of Mormon in it! So artsy and fun!


 
blue bell ice cream. 50 cent scoops. heaven on earth.

just some friends at Bible study!! hahah so fun!
 


homemade chicken wings with anastasia!! she is the coolest lady ever and just got baptized this weekend in talladega! 


the best district ever!!!! love em all!
 
biking over the gorgeous freeway with the beautiful sunset!! going to miss this girl and place!!


Bro. Jesse Macks daughter! Sweetest soul ever!!!


We met some hilarious and awesome college kids who go to Alabama! They were talking our ears off and it was the best! Love the southern friendliness!

Bro. Mack was baptized!!!!!!!


 
Everyone in attendance :)

He was soooooo happy! It's amazing to see his demeanor change! He said when we first started teaching him he was depressed, now he is full of peace! He has been searching for this peace for a long time! He was so grateful and full of joy after being baptized! He said he had never felt so good in his entire life!!

guess who I was for the ward fall festival?!?!?

dorothy and scarecrow!! we thought of this idea while setting up the festival...drove to the only thrift store in Leeds and they had these PERFECT things! we did a little chopping and prepping-fully ready to go in 20 minutes! so fun!!

trunk or treating with totos basket!!!!!! SUCH A PARTY! 

saying bye to everyone!! going to miss MerryAnn and Katie and Madeline!!
 

 

Brother Nicola :)

hahhaha oh Loretta. She was balling and I couldn't help but laugh! God is in control! I am at peace! I love her SO much!

sister black. i love her.
 
she started to tear up and it was the most precious moment of my life. 


Bro. Mann our ward mission leader laughing about how my handshakes always kill his hand! hahha classic!

our friend Mesha!! She is the cutest, kindest coolest girl ever! check out her rad hair! loving it!!!!
 

going to miss Brother Gause too!! so many great people here!!

the dream team.

WE LOVE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad to leave Sister Platt!! So many laughs. So many miracles.

bye bye friends!!! thanks for all the delicious southern meals!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment