Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 13!!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has sent letters, packages, and prayers my way. I feel your love and am indeed grateful. I am humbled at my life-I can't comprehend why I have been blessed with so many remarkable people. I cherish all of our memories and think about y'all a lot. So please know that even though I am all the way in Alabama, I have not forgotten about any of you!!!

Secondly, I've been thinking a lot about life. I am living in the Bible Belt, we just had Christmas, and our entire worlds timetable is based off the same thing. Jesus. So what is up with all the hype of Him anyways? WHO was He and WHY does He matter?

This week we've had the chance to teach a few different people the basics of why He matters to each one of us. Even though I am in the Bible Belt, that doesn't mean people know the meaning behind what they say. Talking about Jesus is more of a cultural thing-"oh ya I've been saved!" or "yes, Lord Jesus died for us!". Both of which are true statements, but Jesus matters because He is the only way to happiness.

Think about it-we are humans. Thus 1. we make mistakes (nobody's perfect-thank you Miley Cyrus, who sadly is no longer the best role model...) and 2. we die. We lived with God before we came to earth and we want to return to His presence, but how can we do that if no unclean thing can live with Him? God needed someone to "take the blame" for every mistake we would make. Thus Jesus Christ came to earth. He lived a perfect life and set the example for us all-He was humble, charitable, kind, loving, selfless, patient, meek, knowledgeable, diligent, faithful, gentle, and thoughtful. He took on all the pains, sicknesses, guilt, confusion, sorrow, depression, infirmities, inadequacies, shame, and doubts that we will ever feel. He was able to feel the effects of ALL sin-every person who has ever lived, is living, and will live. He chose to feel these pains so He could better comfort and relate to us when we go through hard times in life. OK that is the best thing ever!!!! He then died on the cross and was resurrected (his spirit was reunited with his perfect physical body of flesh and bones) 3 days later. Thus we will all be resurrected one day. THEREFORE, Jesus overcame the 2 problems that come to all humans! 1. Sin and 2. Death (I drew a little picture so it is easier for people to understand :) ) Thus after this earthly life we can return to live with our Heavenly Father in complete bliss if we but USE Jesus's Atonement (ask for forgiveness and follow His example)!!! This is what brings me so much joy!!! I can't imagine ending life at death and never being able to see all my friends and family again. Luckily I have come to know that families can be together forever. I know God loves us and that is why He sent His son Jesus Christ to die for us!!!! (John 3:16-the classic scripture on the bottom of In-N-Out fries hhaha)

I am sure a lot of people reading this are thinking, ya that could make sense, but Jesus is just someone we learn about in history. There is no way He really performed miracles or rose from the dead, that is just nonsense! I would be thinking the exact same thing if I never prayed about it. There is one source of truth-God. So if we want to know if something is true, who should we ask? I think you answered your own question. Heavenly Father. I have sought this knowledge and now I know that Jesus is so much more than a man in history. He is the reason for my happiness. When I live my life like Him and try to develop His attributes I listed earlier, I am SO HAPPY!!!! It is no secret to why I am always jumping around and being so full of energy and smiles people!!! It really is the gospel.

I know Jesus Christ loves each of us. I know He understands our hearts and everything we are going through. I know that God listens when we pray. I have felt His power and unconditional love. I know that everyone on earth can feel this same happiness and peace, if they but humble themselves before God and pray. I am so grateful that I am here in Alabama sharing these glorious truths!!!!!!! YAAAAAAYYY!!!

With all my love and enthusiasm and smiles and happiness,
Sister Ella Rae Madsen!!!!!!!




 we acted out the nativity on Christmas Eve at the Harrington's home-SO classic and hilarious and fun!!! Real baby Jesus might I add..... hahha


 we slept under (aka next to) our baby Christmas tree! had lights and music playing! so fun! and those are all my Christmas cards hanging up! I loved it!

 colemans classic fire place and food!
 SO MUCH TRADER JOEs!!!! literally everyone knows me perfectly! I even got MOREEEEEE after this! thank you family, fullers, baba and papa, and the young family!


 temple with the old 3 companions :)
 our zone and president and sister hanks at the Birmingham temple!!!!!! best day ever!!!!!!!
sister neufville :)

No comments:

Post a Comment