Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 54: On Top of A Mountain

This morning I was on top of a mountain. We hiked 45 minutes up a gorgeous trail with 20 other missionaries. The fall colors and crunchy leaves and good conversations made it a huge delight. At the top we all sat down and had a 20 minute power study. As I read the scriptures and gazed out over all of Huntsville, Alabama, I was taught about life. Often times we are so into our lives-the details, responsibilities, and worries, that we forget to look at the big picture. We forget to climb the mountain. Sadly we lose our breath at the stresses of daily life, instead of by the gorgeous horizons.
 
One horizon I learned about this week is people. As a missionary you are dealing with all sorts of people, 24 hours a day. I realized that people aren't difficult, they are just different!! We all have different talents, abilities, and tendencies. None of them are bad, if we look at it from an unbias perspective. Instead of thinking you're the best and everyone should be like you, take a step up and take a look at the view. View people as God does-with love and equality. As I see my companion and the people we interact with everyday from the top of the mountain, I am happier. I appreciate differences and can work with anyone. What a beautiful thing that is!
 
I love being genuine and learning about other people-hearing their stories and learning of their passions. Life is marvelous and rewarding if we just tap into people!!! That is one reason why I love my mission!!! So go talk to people, love them for who they are, and don't forget the big picture!
 
Love,
Sister Ella Rae Madsen

sister weekes and i found this sign outside of a southern church!!! so cool! got to love the bible belt!! 

it was pitch black and freezing outside and we were really far away from our appointment....so sister samuelson let us stuff our bikes in her rickety mom van!!! hahhaha bless her heart!
 

the sisters in our zone!!! such lovely people!!! huntsville is the best!

rad 500 poster elder jordan made!! its for a big goal we have!

most of the elders left by this point...hahha. but this is some of our zone!!!! LOVE THEM ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment