Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 39: I Read A Chapter Book

For those of you who really know me, you are aware that I dislike reading. But hey! I've found a new love on my mission. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!!! I want to read it again and again because it teaches me so much about life! It is simply the best.

The whole point of the Book of Mormon is to convince all men everywhere that Jesus Christ is in reality our Savior. It is a hard concept to grasp-that one man came to earth to pay for the mistakes we make so we can return to live with God. Some may wonder, is there really life after death? Is there really a God? On the flip side, if there wasn't life after death, what would be the point of building relationships, working hard, and making good choices now? If there wasn't a God, how would we be here? The world we live in is much too complex to deny the reality of a creator. Look at your hand, how does it work?!? Man I love the body!!!

Anyways, if there is a God, then what He teaches is true. We know the Bible is His word, and it teaches us about Jesus Christ. Christ came to earth, lived a perfect life, performed miracles, took on all of our sins, died on the cross, and rose the 3rd day.

Think about it like this, you are in class and the teacher asks, "who stole my pencil?!" Knowing that your best friend stole it, you stand up and take the blame. Because you LOVE your friend, you will suffer the consequences so they don't have to.

That is exactly what Jesus Christ did. As Miley Cyrus so wonderfully sings, "nobody's perfect", we know we will all make mistakes in life. And just as purified water is considered dirty even if one drop of unclean water is poured in, we too are dirty with one mistake. Water can't be purified without an outside source, no matter how much clean water you add. Parallel, we can't be forgiven and become clean without an outside source-that is, the Atonement (suffering, death, and resurrection) of Jesus Christ.

Last night I finished reading the Book of Mormon another time! What a joyous experience. Because of the peace and happiness I feel when I read it, I know it's true. Because it answers my questions, I know it's true. Because it teaches me how to be a better person, I know it's true. Because it teaches me about my purpose in life, I know it's true. Most importantly, because it testifies of Jesus Christ, who makes change and happiness and hope possible, I know it's true.

I am having the time of my life here in Alabama, y'all. And it's all because of HIM! I love Jesus! hahha I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I love y'all, keep being the great people you are!

Love, Sister Madsen

some basics on the Book of Mormon:

abandoned boat??!!! hahha so funny!

we love the green!!

Sister Williams in our ward saw my legs......then went to WalMart and bought all of this!!! My legs are COVERED in bites of all sorts, and she just couldn't handle it! hahha So kind of her!

Aldaberto!! Sister Brassfield and I met him in Piggly Wiggly, now the Spanish sisters are teaching him!! Yay!

Guntersville sisters!!!

I love Sister Downs! She is a wonderful companion!!!

another beautiful night on the lake!


Roll tide y'all!!! People are INSANE about football.

we were on top of the island!!! we could see the lake on both sides! SO GORGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment